Ethan is going to sleep away camp for a week at the end of the month. He’s going with Peder, a friend from church, and it will be the first away camp experience for both of them. We weren’t sure about the whole “going away for a week” thing would be a success and wondered if he would start to get nervous as camp drew closer.
Apparently not.
Last night at dinner, the topic of camp came up and I mentioned that it was coming up quickly — in just a couple of weeks. Ethan got very excited and said, “I can’t wait. Finally, I’ll get a chance to be myself. No babies crying. No Mom and Dad bugging me. I can be myself, just like Harry Potter.”
So many good lessons have come from Harry Potter including, apparently, independence.
Apparently not.
Last night at dinner, the topic of camp came up and I mentioned that it was coming up quickly — in just a couple of weeks. Ethan got very excited and said, “I can’t wait. Finally, I’ll get a chance to be myself. No babies crying. No Mom and Dad bugging me. I can be myself, just like Harry Potter.”
So many good lessons have come from Harry Potter including, apparently, independence.
No comments:
Post a Comment