
Now that he is in kindergarten, Ethan’s imagination has been fueled by the new possibilities he is being exposed to in school. And he is eager to put these new ideas into practice at home.
Most recently, his class created Leaf Books, which they bound and brought home. His teacher apparently told the class they also could create books at home and bring them in to read to the class. It was a call to action for our boy, who wanted to be the first to read to the class.
Of course, we didn’t know any of this until after the fact, when Ethan presented his first “book” to us.
While John was making dinner Tuesday night (they eat before I get home on Tuesdays because of swim class), Ethan seized the moment and got to work writing. By the time dinner was ready, Ethan’ first work was completed and ready for viewing.
While I may be biased, I have to admit I was quite impressed. He claims this was not based on anything he read or heard at school, but was his own creation:
A planit [a planet]
waz up [was up]
a bav me [above me]
I s[aw] it [I saw it]
it saa me [it saw me]
th moon [the moon]
smiled
at me I
smiled
bak at th [back at the]
moon
1 comment:
How awesome!
Post a Comment