Ethan has apparently inherited my obsession with video games (along with many other of my bad habits, unfortunately). That played a role in our decision to buy him a laptop for his birthday. (I was getting tired of having to share mine with him — sometimes I want to play games too.)
He started out being interested only in games that related to gardening or farming. We had Plant Tycoon and Alice Greenfingers, among others. But he has now discovered the “action” games. His current obsession: Chicken Invaders.
![]() | |
| Ethan saving the world from invading chickens. |
![]() | |
| Revenge of the Yolk. |
And it is an obsession — he has three different versions of the game (Chicken Invaders 3: Revenge of the Yolk; Chicken Invaders 3: The Easter Edition; Chicken Invaders 4: The Ultimate Omelette), can tell you exactly where you are in the game with a glance at the screen, knows which weapons work best against which types of chickens … you get the picture.
He also is planning a spin-off game (“just like Chicken Invaders, but called something different so I don’t violate their copyright”) and is writing a book with characters based on the video game.
I don’t know about the game, but his concept for the book is actually pretty good. And he has been working diligently on it for several weeks now. He has at least 34 chapters sketched out in his mind, and he has decided that each chapter is 2 pages long (with 1 4-page exception). He knows what is going to happen in each chapter, and is working his way through.
I’m looking forward to the book’s completion. Ethan won’t let me read it until the entire thing is finished, and I’m getting quite curious. I won’t violate his privacy, though. I will just try to be patient and wait for him to complete the story.


No comments:
Post a Comment