The other day, Ethan and I were walking back from the grocery store and he turned to me and said, “You may not understand this Mom, but I think sometimes poor is richer than rich.”
Wow, where did that come from? So I asked him, “Did someone tell you that, or is it a conclusion you came to on your own?”
He told me he arrived at this on his own, and proceeded to explain his reasoning to me: “Because you know how mean Draco Malfoy is [Harry Potter references here, for those of you who haven’t read the books], and he’s really rich. But the Weasleys are poor, but they’re so nice and they seem much happier than Malfoy. Plus some of the stories Grandma has told me about when she was growing up. I just think sometimes people who don’t have money are happier.”
Such insight from a not-quite-[at the time]-seven-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment