
Ethan has really become a biking enthusiast, and frequently asks to go on “long” rides with us. He and John have biked to Navy Pier and back (about 10 miles by my estimation), and we’ve done several eight mile rides since we bought the Hitchhiker.
Unfortunately, on the longer rides, Ethan has discovered one of biking’s lesser joys — a sore seat. So we’ve decided to dive right in to the biking culture and equip him with a full set of riding duds. As you can see from the picture, he’s styling with his Curious George jersey, the padded shorts and gloves. He has only worn them once, but he really enjoyed mugging for the camera.
Our biggest challenge now is figuring out how to get groceries and Farmer’s Market purchases home without the Burley’s towing capacity. I can only hold a little in my panniers, and I hate wearing a backpack while I ride. Tonight I think we may do a test ride with the Burley hooked to the Hitchhiker for a long bike “train.” We’ve seen other people out with that setup (but with another child in the back, rather than groceries) and it seems to work for them. But I want to see how it handles before I commit to running errands that way.
I’ll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment