Clearly a cheesehead at heart, Ethan LOVES the cheese aisle at Whole Foods. Especially the big wheels of cheese. Last night, we looked at dozens of cheeses in a fruitless search for Edam. We found six Goudas, but no Edam. (I also had to rush us out of the French cheese section, after he showed an interest in three cheeses I couldn’t even attempt to pronounce — I’ll have to take up French again if he keeps this up.)
Finally, we gave up and he finally selected two cheeses for the week: a block of Jarlsberg and a lovely Wensleydale with cranberries.
He wouldn't leave without extracting a promise that we’d come back soon to look for Edam again, and that next time we’d buy both the raw milk Jarlsberg and the pasteurized milk Jarlsberg to see if they tasted different to us.
Hey, I may get to have my cheese tasting party yet — for Ethan’s fifth birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment