
I've been under a little stress at work lately — it probably has something to do with our department adding two MAJOR projects (a international PGA TOUR golf tournament and the annual report) without adding staff. So the other day, when I had one too many people making major 11th hour changes on their projects, it's at least a little understandable that I snapped. (Right?)
Anyway, John and Ethan called in the middle of my very frustrating morning, and John told Ethan I was having a bad day. So Ethan got on the phone and sang me a song to cheer me up. After we talked a little about why I was having a bad day, he told me "I hope you have some good times too, Mommy." Then, when I got home (late) that night, Ethan was very anxious to hear about my day and whether it got any better (it didn't).
The next morning, Ethan was crying for me before he got up (which is somewhat unusual these days). He's been fighting a cold for a week or so, though. I went up to see him before I left, and as we were snuggling, he told me tearfully, "I want you to work from home today, Mommy." I explained that I needed to be in the office and had to plan ahead for my work from home days. Then he told me he didn't want me to go to the office and talk to the person who made my day bad yesterday, because he didn't want me to have another bad day.
I'm sure he also just wanted to have me in the house all day, but it was a very sweet thing to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment